About Appletree Quilting Center
Our company was founded in 1985 as a fine fashion fabrics store named Silks & More Fine Fabrics by Millie & Floyd Kaiser. It was located in downtown Columbia. We offered a wide variety silks, wools, linens, and other fine fashion fabrics plus a large assortment of fashion sewing classes. In the spring of 1987 we become a White Sewing Machine dealer and added Husqvarna Viking sewing machines in 1988.
We added our first quilting fabrics in 1990 and moved to our current location on Bernadette Drive in 1993 to gain better parking and easier access for our customers. By 2004, the quilting fabrics had begun to dominate our inventory to the point that we had to change our store name to Appletree Quilting Center to better reflect the store we had become. In 2010, we added our large 1800 square foot conference center for larger special events, meetings, and classes. We became a BERNINA Sewing Machine dealer in 2014 and began carrying Handi-Quilter longarm machines in 2015.
Eric and Amy Nelson purchased Appletree Quilting Center in April 2020. Once again expanding our floor space to include another room to house our beautiful Batik collections and our holiday fabrics. In August 2022, JUKI sewing machines were added to our selection of machines. We continue to add new and innovative classes for education of new sewing techniques, as well as longarm quilting services.